Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rusted Enamel Card

Hello All -

Sorry I have been MIA recently. I was working on a project that I cannot share just yet and then my horse decided to get a fairly serious injury. He is going to be okay, but it has been a lot of doctoring recently.

Today's card was created using Tim Holtz's rusted enamel technique and all of the shapes were cut using my Silhouette. Silhouette has recently upgraded the software that runs the machine. There has been a little learning curve but so far I am really liking the program. It seems a little more sophisticated and gives the user more control. I know I have said it before but I really love this machine!


My first step was to cut out two of the nested shapes (Artisans Nesting Rectangle) out of white cardstock. I inked the larger with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using my handy dandy ink blending tool.On the smaller shape I did the enamel technique using Weathered Wood and Vintage Photo Distress Ink and clear embossing powder. I then cut out two circles adding Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the larger and repeating the rusted enamel on the smaller circle. I didn't flick off as much embossing powder this time and so the circle is a little more shinny. I then took my medallion shape (Medallion Flourish) and inked on Vintage Photo. I felt like it didn't "pop" enough for me so I spritzed it with my mini mister filled with Vintage Photo re-Inker and Perfect Pearls in Copper. Just the right about of sparkle. I cut four of the large flowers and six small (3 Flowers), I removed the cut-outs out of on the small flowers. I added Antique Linen to the flowers and then shaped them into the flower shape and added My Minds Eye Lush brads. These brads rock!

For my finishing elements I added two brown organza ribbons, the smaller is from Creative Impressions and the larger ribbon was recycled from a present. I added two bronze brads to hold the ribbon in place. I assembled everything and voila! You can see a detailed photo below.



Here is a photo of the whole card without the flash.


As always, thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments: